Postcode Lottery is here again with another edition of their Green Startup Challenge! This is one of the world's largest competitions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship for the green industries.
Green start-ups across the globe can submit their promising business plans and after the competition, the winner goes home with €500,000 to further develop the product or service and launch to the market.
The runner-up, however, receives €200,000 and the three other finalists receive €100,000 each. The selection process is handled by an international jury.
The competition was started back in 2007 by The Dutch Postcode Lottery after being inspired by President Clinton to look for dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans.
Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy. The plan needs to address and give an appropriate solution to the issues of carbonized atmosphere we have today.
Thankfully, the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge finalists are here to present us with sustainable solutions and get them out into the world.
The jury will look closely at certain factors in your business plan including your communication potential, courageousness and your creativity. To be eligible,
- You should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate
- Your business should be developed enough to execute
- Your business should be ready as a usable product or service within the next two years
- You should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles into the business plan designs
- You should be willing to bring your idea to market yourself and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service
- You should be 18 years or older
- You must agree to all their Terms & Conditions
- You should fully complete all the questions on the entry form in English
- You should be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist to present your idea to the jury (reasonable travel and lodging expenses for one person per finalist will be reimbursed)
What you could gain by participating:
- The five finalists of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge wins a minimum of €100,000, the runner-up receives €200,000 and the winner takes the grand prize of € 500,000. But it takes more than prize money alone to become successful and create impact.
- On behalf of the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge,
Rockstartorganises a long-tailored accelerator program for the five finalists, the Green Challenge Deep Dive.
- The program is aimed at identifying the start-ups' biggest challenges and to provide them with mentorship and valuable connections to become investor ready.
The program timeline:
- Until 1 June 2018 12:00 CEST you can complete your application.
- The preliminary jury will announce the 25 nominees Mid-July.
- Mid-August the preliminary jury will announce the five finalists.
- On 13 September 2018, the five finalists will pitch their business plans for an international jury and selected audience.
Interested? Is your startup a green business? This is a great funding opportunity for your business.
Application ends on June 1st, 2018. For more information, visit their official website.